Am I eligible for a New Zealand General Work Visa?
To be eligible for this New Zealand Work Visa you will need to meet the basic character, language and health requirements of New Zealand Immigration as well as meeting the following conditions:Job Offer
To apply for a general work visa to New Zealand you will need to have an approved job offer which is in line with your skills and experience. Your job offer must be:
- in an occupation on one of the Essential Skills in Demand Lists and you must have the skills and experience to fill the position, or
- from an employer who has a current approval in principle from New Zealand Immigration Authorites for your recruitment, or
- New Zealand Immigration Authorites are satisfied there are no suitable New Zealanders available, or no New Zealanders readily able to be trained to do the job.
You will have to stay in this job to remain on the NZ General Visa.
CV and Qualifications
You will need to be able to provide details of your formal qualification(s) or relevant industry experience to suit the job offer. You will need to have an up-to-date CV. See the FAQs
for more information.Health and Character Details
When applying for your NZ Essential Skills Work visa it is important that you inform us if:
Apply online for your New Zealand Work Permit
- You or any of your dependant family members have a criminal record.
- You or any of your dependant family members have any health issues.
- You or any of your dependant family members have breached the conditions of a previous visa to New Zealand.
or Chat Live
with our staff about your application.