Am I eligible for an Irish Work Permit?
do not need a permit to work in Ireland. Nationals from the countries of the European Economic Area (Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein) and Switzerland
do not need employment permits to work in Ireland. However, nationals of Bulgaria and Romania
will need a Work Permit unless they have been working in Ireland on a work permit for a continuous period of 12 months or more. To be eligible for an Ireland Work Permit,
you need a job offer from an employer which is registered and trading in Ireland. The position must have been advertised with the FÁS/EURES employment network for 2 weeks and additionally in local and national newspapers, for three days, to ensure that, in the first instance a national of the EEA or Switzerland, or in the second instance a national of Bulgaria or Romania, cannot be found to fill the vacancy. Evidence that this has been done must be included with the application.
It is only possible to obtain an Ireland Work Permit for certain occupations or salary levels:
Work permits will not be considered
- Firstly, where the annual salary (excluding bonuses) on offer is €30,000 or more the Work Permit for Ireland can be considered for occupations other than those which are contrary to the public interest.
- Secondly, Irish Work Permits will only be considered for a very limited number of occupations below an annual salary of €30,000.
for any of the below job categories:
Register online to apply for an Ireland Work Visa today.
- All clerical and administrative positions
- All general operatives/labourers
- All operator and production staff
- In the category 'Sales Staff'
- All retail sales vacancies, sales representatives, supervisory/ specialist sales
- In the category 'Transport Staff':
- All drivers (including HGV)
- In the category Childcare Workers: Nursery/ Crèche Workers, Child Minder/ Nanny
- In the category Hotel Tourism and Catering: All staff except chefs
- In the category Craft Workers and Apprentice\Trainee Craft Workers: Bookbinder, Bricklayer, Cabinet Maker, Carpenter / Joiner, Carton Maker, Fitter - Construction Plant, Electrician, Instrumentation Craftsperson, Fitter, Tiler - Floor / Wall, Mechanic - Heavy Vehicles, Instrumentation Craftsperson, Metal Fabricator, Mechanic - Motor, Originator, Painter and Decorator, Plumber, Printer, Engineer - Refrigeration, Sheet Metal Worker, Tool Maker, Vehicle Body Repairer, Machinist - Wood, Plasterers and Welders.
- All Work Riders (Horse Racing)
- All Domestic Workers (including Carers in the Home and Childminders)