Am I Eligible for a Canada Federal Skilled Visa?
Your eligibility for the Canada Federal Skilled Visa is based on a points system in which you must score at least 67 out of 100 points.
To be eligible to apply for a Canada Federal Skilled Visa
, you must initially meet one of the following basic requirements:
- you have an offer of arranged employment, OR
- you are a foreign national who has been living legally in Canada for one year as a temporary foreign worker or an international student, OR
- you are a skilled worker who has at least one year of experience in one or more of the occupations in demand in Canada.
If you meet the above minimum eligibility requirement, your Canadian Work Visa application will then be processed according to six selection factors:
- your education
- your abilities in English and/or French
- your work experience
- your age
- whether you have arranged employment in Canada
- your adaptability
You must also show that you have enough money to support yourself and your dependants after you arrive in Canada.