Am I eligible for an Australia Fiancé/Prospective Marriage Visa?
The Australian Prospective Marriage Visa
is a temporary fiancé(e) visa for unmarried partners wishing to migrate to Australia. The visa is valid for 9 months only, during which time you must marry your Australian fiancé (sponsor).To be eligible for an Australia Fiancé Visa
, you must:
Register online for your Australia Visa today.
- be sponsored by an eligible person;
- be aged 18 years or over (or aged 16 years or over if you have an Australian court order allowing you to marry your intended fiancé(e));
- be of the opposite sex to your fiancé(e);
- have met (as adults) your fiancé(e) in person and you are known to each other;
- both be free to marry and both be of marriageable age. Your intended marriage must also be able to be recognised under Australian law;
- genuinely intend to marry your fiancé(e);
- genuinely intend to live with your fiancé(e) as husband and wife;
- meet health and character requirements of Australian Immigration